Grubee Skyhawk or RAW motor?

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by mnerren, Apr 6, 2010.

1. mnerren

mnerren New Member

I am about to order my motor kit for my first Motorized Bike. I have decided that the basic 66cc Grubee Skyhawk or RAW motor kit is what I will use on my first bike. What is the difference between these two brands? Is one better than the other, from what I can tell the Grubee can be had with a angle fire head and was thnking about ordering that one. Any feedback on this?

.wee.

2. camlifter

camlifter Active Member

i like the jet 80 but thats just because i have so many spare parts for them. i just ordered a jet 80 from gasbike.net for $119, but they sent me the grubee 66 star fire slant head kit instead. for the same price, they call it a free up grade.

3. NunyaBidness

NunyaBidness Active Member

If I had the cash at this time I would buy a PK-80 from Pirate Cycles. I've only heard really good things about those lil motors.

4. mnerren

mnerren New Member

Thanks, I will check that one out too. It looks like it is $139, not much different. I wonder if they do a discount for the forum members there.

5. Nougat

Nougat New Member

Vendor quality is more important. Any engine you get from anywhere can be great, or a complete lemon, or anywhere in between. How the vendor handles post-sale warranty needs should be what makes your decision.

6. mnerren

mnerren New Member

What vendor do you recommend?

7. Nougat

Nougat New Member

Someone who sponsors here, on the left or right sides. Pirate and Dax are always good bets - they're active on this forum, even. I'm sure there are others.

I bought my kit off eBay, and got lucky that there wasn't any trouble with it. I wouldn't do that again, even if I had to pay a little more.

8. mnerren

mnerren New Member

I think I will go with Pirate Cycles. I will let you know how it works out.

9. Tad Bit Tipsy

Tad Bit Tipsy New Member

Pirate is great. They ship out fast, most of the parts I order get here in Florida within two days. And Justin gives you candy!!! and business cards to hand out!!!