Girlie bike

GoldenMotor.com

evl as

Jul 1, 2011
New Zealand
Hey team

Brought a bike to motorize for my wife yesterday heres a couple of pics good score new tyres 3spd rear hub etc cost me $80 NZD {50 USD}I will have to flip the top tube etc , & shes given me a list of things she wants on it LOL

Large moon stye bars
Powder Blue & white paint scheme
white handle bar basket

evl as

Jul 1, 2011
New Zealand
started on this today ,cut the top tube out to allow for engine room,flipped it & rewelded it back in ..Should come together sweet.. had to shorten the seat tube too cos the poor womans just a wee short thing

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
That works nicely. It gives a whole lot of room for an engine. Even a five horse Briggs would fit in there sitting upright, not that she would want anything that big, I imagine. What will you do for the gas tank, fit it behind the seat? A 98 Villiars would be classy, but a little China Girl would pop right in there, quick & easy.
SB

evl as

Jul 1, 2011
New Zealand
stripped the frame & primed it up , Not sure on the engine angle though it mys have too much tilt on it. Will weld a tapered bit of frame on the top tube so the tank will sit level..

evl as

Jul 1, 2011
New Zealand
got wifies frame all sorted welded a couple small bits of taperd tube on to sit the tank & engine level & painted it in her colour of choice Ice Blue it will have white components..

looks like im going to have to mill & bit out of the centre to make it fit over the internal 3 speed hub

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Looks good. Just a suggestion to take a good look at the fender supports to be sure they are solidly attached. As you know, these kit motors vibrate a lot and tend to loosen up nuts and bolts and sometimes with fenders cause metal fatigue and failure where they attach to the frame. If that happens the fender can move on you and end up under the wheel... not good. Always worth checking and if necessary add a little extra something there to keep the fenders where they're supposed to be, above the wheels.

How's she like her new bike? Pretty cool you'll be able to ride together. Get a kiddie trailer and the short people can come along, too, with mom & dad.
SB