G'day From Oz

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Aussie Mad Dog, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Aussie Mad Dog

Aussie Mad Dog New Member

G'day folks - my name is Mick and I build restored & converted Old School Mountain bikes for a living here in Victoria Australia...

I am only new to the business - my first motorised bike got me hooked...

I'm a 47 year old adrenaline junkie who lives in the mountains and has the greatest places to ride in... I used to be a bodyguard & Spec/Ops Instructor...

Hope to meet as many of you as possible - these bikes are great fun and mostly so are the people who seriously ride them...

2. silverbear

silverbear The Boy Who Never Grew Up

Welcome to the forum, Mad dog. I'm too old to ride seriously, but sure have fun anyway.
    SB

3. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods New Member

G'day, Mick.

I ride seriously. But it's on semi-urban roads in semi-urban traffic.

Oh, well. A bad day on a bike is better than a good day in a car. (I think I stole that line from some fisherman or golfer or something.)

4. Kioshk

Kioshk Active Member

Welcome Mick!

We're contemporaries, and I'm familiar with your neck of the woods: my ex-wife is from the Dandenongs (she was a city cop), but grew up in the suburbs. I'm jealous of your rail-trails; have you any luck riding motorized on 'em?

5. Aussie Mad Dog

Aussie Mad Dog New Member

Thanks for the welcome - yep my neck of the woods is perfect for the bikes and I have some serious fun on them...

I started the business with the intention of restoring old bikes that no one wants anymore and turning them into something beautiful & valuable - not to mention bloody practical around here...drn2