Gas To Electric

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by weekend-fun, Apr 3, 2010.

1. weekend-fun

weekend-fun New Member

hey guys
    Yesterday i was reading make after our session of testing (Make - Volume 14) and i saw this article about some people who took a Honda Rebel with a blown engine and turned it into electric. i was thihnking about doing the same but to a pocket bike.
    input?

2. weekend-fun

weekend-fun New Member

3. professor

professor New Member

Why? Unless the gas pocket bike is not legal, why would you bother? I would never mess with electric otherwise.

4. weekend-fun

weekend-fun New Member

beacuse i think it would be more energy efficent.. just something fun i probally wont even do it :D

5. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Active Member

I would try it on something that is already titled and street legal. I saw a post on another forum where a guy made an E-Knock (Kikker Hardknock Bobber with electric drive train).
    I thought a Whizzer Ambassador with a sick motor would be perfect for an electric conversion, but Whizzer fans would consider that blasphemy!
    Such a conversion will be much easier if you can find an electric hub motor that will fit your donor electric motorbike.

6. weekend-fun

weekend-fun New Member

Yes, i thought about a hub-motor. I could use the space were the motor was for batteries. But the budget comes first ;)

7. weekend-fun

weekend-fun New Member

Goldenmotor.com. $180 for a hub motor. Woooow. I can get a 1000 watt scooter motor for 60!
    Maybe some sort of rear drive instead with a little front assist. Hmmmm.