Gas leaking from Gas cap at high speed

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by T Rock, May 19, 2010.

1. T Rock

T Rock New Member

Has anybody experienced gas leaking from their gas caps at high speed? Seems like when I hit a certain speed gas starts spraying out of the front of the gas cap! I tried another cap but still the same problem. I did have the tank filled, ya think that could be the problem? xct2

2. city of angels

city of angels New Member

yes these new gas cap leaks like crazy there is a tread here about fixing the gas cap except i cant remember what the name is

3. T Rock

T Rock New Member

Yes I was just reading some of the older treads and found it, thanks for the responce

4. civlized

civlized New Member

I thought mine was leaking because I was going so fast it created a vacuum and was sucking the gas out!

5. GoFastBicycles

GoFastBicycles New Member

If you can't stop it from leaking tie a shop rag around it, it helps to absorb leakage.

Adam

6. Nashville Kat

Nashville Kat Active Member

Cut some rings from some thin nylon material, like on cottage cheese lid, and put as many as it takes UNDER rubber gasket. it works.

7. Mac

Mac New Member

I just don't fill it all the way. works for me.

8. Fabian

Fabian New Member

Yes, my fuel cap also leaks like a sieve; at any level over half full.
    More than once i've thought of my tabernacles catching alight if the engine has a decent backfire.
    One day you'll hear of my demise as the fuel tank explodes with the force of a hand grenade, with me desperately trying to deconstruct the flames and put them back in the tank.

I guess the fuel cap leaks compliment the engine oil leaks, and i've graphically spoken about these issues in previous posts, but it seems to be a recurring theme with these 2-stroke motors.

Fabian

9. Jesse002100

Jesse002100 New Member

mine leaked as well... i took some gasket material and cut 3 extra the same size as the seal and it hasn't leaked since i put them under the stock seal..

10. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

I only fill the tanks 4/5 of the way full! I've still never run out of gas! ;)