Gas boiling in carb

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Djfanforlife88, May 6, 2014.

1. Djfanforlife88

Djfanforlife88 New Member

Like the Title says the gas is boiling in the carb and coming out the overflow by the filter the needle is on third notch down it is a speed carb and I have a 36 tooth sprocket on it sounds like not getting to full throttle :-||

2. SuperDave

SuperDave New Member

Leaky float? Trash under the needle & seat? Heat shouldn't reach the carb if you're using the plastic spacer in the carb throat.

3. Djfanforlife88

Mine kit did not come with a spacer used ultra gray to seal it

4. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

Plastic spacer or not. Fuel boiling isn't your problem. The float is not closing the float valve. Either there is trash in the needle and seat or the float adjustment is way off.

I suspect it is dirt in the needle valve. This is a common problem if you're not using an in-line fuel filter. The kit tanks are notorious for containing dirt, rust and scale that once gets to the carburetor will block the float valve from closing causing the symptoms you describe.

You need to drain then flush the fuel tank, clean the carb then install a filter between the tank and carburetor. That will probably solve your problem.

Tom

5. Djfanforlife88

okay will tear it apart and check it's actually a brand new carburetor that I just put on and I've got the inline filter but it's the original one that come with the kit so I'll get rid of that and get another one and see what It looks like.

6. GearNut

GearNut Active Member