Fuel valves and filters

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by msrfan, Nov 1, 2010.

1. msrfan

msrfan Well-Known Member

Here are a few fuel valves and filters available from other industries. Whether you prefer the vintage look of a sediment bowl, screw in or inline, metal or plastic, with or without built in screen, straight or 90 degree, the lawnmower supply shop can offer all. I got these from the Rotary catalog, which most mower repair shops stock or can get in a couple of days. The threaded valves are 1/8" npt, and the slip ons are 1/4". [​IMG]

2. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks for sharing this. Some nice options for us.
    You'll want to make sure the plastic valves/filters are compatible with the ethanol based gasolines that many states have gone to. Just a heads up if you live in one of them.
    Tom

3. msrfan

msrfan Well-Known Member

Thanks, 2door, I hadn't considered that aspect. I just got off the phone with Rotary and their technical dept. informed me that all their plastic fuel related items are safe with fuels up to an E15 rating, which is 15% ethanol.

4. bairdco

bairdco a guy who makes cool bikes

middle row, first one is the one i use. has a cool look to it and can't be bumped closed while you're riding.

5. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

Botom filter second on the left is a good filter! (for weed wackers) ;)

6. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

Here's an odd-ball I've had around for awhile. Its a toggle switch but also a valve. The type is what is referred to as an AWOG (Air, Water, Oil, Gas) valve but instead of rotating to operate it you simply flip the toggle switch to open or close it. Its rated at 0 to 125psi and has 1/8" female pipe threads. I'll mount it on a bike someday and use it for my fuel shut off, when I need a small project.
    Tom

Attached Files:

7. Elmo

Elmo New Member

That is a neat doodad Tom. I am envious.