Fuel tank question

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I have a flat container designed for oil changing I can mount under my home made trailer and run a fuel ine up to the engine and even have a primer bulb type pump like you use on a motor boat. Question is wil the engine suck the fuel up from a lower spot or is it like the old model-T that had to be backed up the mountain due to gravity feed. I suspect the later. At leaste I can use it for backup fuel it holds just over 2 gallons.zpt

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Yea you'd need a 6v fuel pump, if you were able to find one I can't see any reason why the float in the carb couldn't handle it if the pressure wasn't too high.

Or you could use a low flow 12v pump and a battery but why? Just stop every 40 or so miles and pour some more gas in the tank.

Last edited:

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
you could run a 12v pump on 6v thus reducing flow and pressure, i run 12v bilge pumps on 6v on some small gold mining equipment just for that purpose, works good to help recover very fine gold, frank

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Might work on some of the small inline pumps. Would be even better if you could find one that can be serviced, open it up and put a lighter spring on the plunger.