Fuel starving issue

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by george_n_texas, Oct 22, 2009.

1. george_n_texas

george_n_texas New Member

I recently added a rear mount gallon gas tank I got from a lawn mower salvage yard. The thing seemed to work great till it turned a bit cooler today...could a paper fuel filter be the culprit? I am running 16:1. The fuel line does however go uphill maybe 1/2 inch where it goes thru the frame. I can run at 2/3 but at full throttle it dies after about a minute or what I would imagine is in the bowl. I pull over and stop a minute and I can go again. I took carb apart and no trash is in there. The tank is plastic...it had some gunk in it but I sloshed it out with some fuel. The fuel filter is full of fuel when it dies. Is there such a thing as a less porous filter?

2. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

16:1 is way too much oil!
    also, get a gas filter for a weed wacker; they are made for mixed gas!

3. george_n_texas

I knew 16:1 was too much oil but I figurred better safe than sorry durring break-in. I can add some fuel to the tank as soon as I run some out. I had a feeling there was a difference in filters. Thanks!

4. Junster

Junster New Member

The filters that SBP sells are sintered bronze and flow better than paper filters do.

5. george_n_texas

I got a screen filter today at the auto parts store and it is working fine now ty.