frustrated

GoldenMotor.com

Blazecc

Apr 19, 2011
connecticut
so ive built about 7 of these bikes and for the most part they all have ran fine for a very SHORT period of time these motors and components are complete junk,im so dissapointed in the crappy quality of anything that has to do with all of these kits no matter where i get the kit from, this went from being a very cool hobby to a complete nightmarish headache. i really wish there was someone in connecticut that could actually help me out with with a few issues i have with some of my bikes id be willing to pay you even :-||

Last edited:

Pilotgeek

Apr 6, 2011
Green Bay, WI
I build with the mindset that these are not finished motors. They may be in "running condition", but they also need some fit and finish. A good break in is, in my opinion, very helpful for the life of these motors.

sketchman

Mar 23, 2011
WV, USA
Try a CAG. Pocket bike engine. You then only need the proper drive sprocket(if you want to keep your current chain) and you're good to go. Yes, you'll have to figure out mounting it, but it's not that hard.

The benefit is that the quality is night and day difference and there are aftermarket parts out the wazoo compared to the HTs. They are also smaller and lighter than the HTs. I got one and tore it down first thing. Everything I found was better. I'll never go back.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Since last summer at this time I have ordered 3 HT motors, 2 were bad when they got here and one failed on the second tank of fuel. I have sold off my Chinee stuff and I am waiting for a Morini I won on eBay. When my 49 cc got here last month and it was a dead motor I didn't bother to contact the seller, I just got rid of the crap at a loss, no big deal. I had no intention of ever using a HT motor again.

Motor is a S5N and according to the seller low miles and I believe it. Pictures looked real good. Guy has already mailed it to me, maybe Monday it gets here :)

Bob Mac 18704

Jan 24, 2010
penna.
Try a honda 4 stroke with a q-matic drive. Much much better than the ht motors. If It's put together right, it should last you a couple years. That's providing your not pounding the snot out of it. If that's the case then good luck with anything you build.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
There is a reason why I am only doing 1 happy time.

I like it, it works real good.

This is the front mount.

Whats up with that? How is this supposed to fit well on a tube? Nothing like an eighth inch offset on your mount eh? I guess the internals fit better than the externals or mine would have blown up by now too.

Amazing.

Nope, I'm done. Not with motorbikes, just with happy times - :)