From the flatland of Acadiana

GoldenMotor.com

CajunCycler

Oct 28, 2009
Louisiana
Hi,

I started with a tremendous amount of online research into motorized bicycles. My research indicates that this forum is the leading informational site and discussion site for installing and maintaining a motor on a bicycle.

I live in the Cajun heartlands of Louisiana and recently moved to a smaller community from the greater metropolitan area of New Orleans. I lived in New Orleans for 7 years.

It would have been nice to have a motorized bicycle after Katrina, that's for SURE!

The ensuing climb of gas prices that peaked at $5.00+ per gallon convinced me that I needed a motorized bicycle.

Being the passionate gadget head and techie that I am I set out to construct an electronic motorized bicycle and have realized the best tack to take at this time is to put together the far less expensive and more practical gasoline powered bicycle.

A multi-fuel bicycle motor is my ultimate goal. A biofuel motor for a bicycle is my long term goal.

My short term goals are to install and test the 2-stroke bicycle motor that is so commonly available on the internet. I have a great bicycle candidate, it is a Men's, 26" Raleigh comfort bike with the "Raleigh-Taiwan" plate circa 1981, the year I graduated from high school. Even then I was dreaming of a bicycle with a motor.

I appreciate every persons dilegence and participation on these boards and look forward to learning as much as I can to make my motorized bicycles comfortable and long-lasting and a part of a better America.

CajunCycler .crt.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Good ta have ya here Cajun, glad ya joined us! There's been a few hybrid (tribrid?) builds around, I've even built one myself - these things are great for experimentation!

Of course, they're just dang fun to ride too lol

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Welcome to the forum. I had a lady friend a few years back who was from New Orleans. She was an demented attorney who loved Mardi Gras and Jazzfest. About the only good thing left over from that disaster was a great book called A Confederation of Dunces. Funny and a nice glimpse into the heart of New Orleans.
SB

CajunCycler

Oct 28, 2009
Louisiana
SilverBear Said: About the only good thing left over from that disaster was a great book called A Confederation of Dunces. Funny and a nice glimpse into the heart of New Orleans. :END SilverBear

I read Confederation of Dunces when I was in High School in Shreveport, Louisiana. It was selected reading for my senior English class. I don't remember reading anything else ... at all :) from New Orleans. It is a very, very funny book. There's a lot of insanity both in the book and within the history of its author and the writing of the book.usflg

Thank you for the welcome to the forum BarelyAwake

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
howdy, CC. i went to new orleans a week after Katrina with Verizon Wireless to restore cellular communications. that was a friggen nightmare. hope i never see that sort of devastation again.

i went back last year to install antennas for the digital tv changeover, and was surprised to see how much stuff was still destroyed, but i was happy to see that a lot of people recovered (and the bars were open.)

i still don't like to talk about everything i saw out there.

anyway, welcome.