Firmstrong Bruiser Build

Discussion in 'Motorized Cruiser Bicycles' started by Cheech, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Cheech

Cheech New Member

We started this project to test a combination of new ideas. Before we knew it the bike kind of took on a life of it's own.When we were finished we learned a lot about what works and what doesn't but sure was fun.Take a look...Cheech Red Rock Cycles

Attached Files:

2. mechanickid

mechanickid New Member

that sure is pretty! what carb and pipe?

3. Kevlarr

Kevlarr New Member

That is an awesome idea for a gas tank! Forget about filling up on long trips just slap another tank in the bottle rack!(^)

4. Cheech

Cheech New Member

Italian built carb 59mm bellows,78mm velocity stack quick trip choke when the throttle is pulled wide open...Cheech Red Rock Cycles

5. Cheech

Cheech New Member

Not to mention no more ugly peanut tank...Cheech
    Red Rock Cycles

6. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

I like the look of the bike! but if I could make a couple of "humble" suggestions...
    Get rid of the bulky wire covers & run the CDI wires under the engine. & maybe turn the slant head the other way, so the plug faces backward?? (it will all clean up the look of the engine)
    The tank looks way cool, but it wont get you very far!! Maybe a bigger one?
    Also, I don't know whats going on with that pipe? Is it finished???
    Anyways... COOL BIKE!! congrats!

Oh, & one more thing so that everyone here knows... CRUISERS RULE!!!

#6 Venice Motor Bikes, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  7. Cheech

Cheech New Member

Venice thanx, we kind of went out on a limb with this build everybody in the shop wanted to stick something on this project as an experiment.Finally,I had to shut it down and tell everyone to get the heck back to work.So it's sort of in limbo and they'll get an hour on Friday to finish up.(fab on muff,wiring etc.as far as the tank goes it's actually getting a .5 liter. the idea is not Paris to Dakar but rally tooling.run out of fuel pop in another bottle.If we do another Bruiser I'm putting a bladder in the frame.Like I said it was a Friday afternoon put together.Anyway thanx for the input...Cheech Love the sproc setup Bruiser's Rule!

Attached Files:

8. Schneebly

Schneebly New Member

I'm doing a build on a Bruiser, my first one. I noticed you had an extension part on the down tube part of the engine mount. What did you use? On all the pictures of engines mounted on Bruisers they all have that. But I don't know where to get one, or if I had to fabricate it myself. Any help would be great.

9. The 26incher

The 26incher New Member

Damn holmes, that thing is dope! Lets see a pic of the other side so we can peep the pipe!

10. Cheech

Cheech New Member

Hey Guys,"Day Late and a Dollar Short" but I've been a little busy building some new bikes for the spring
    but some one ask about the exhaust on the Bruiser: Here's a little update The Bruiser has picked up a little girlfriend "Orfan Ani" Will be showing her in another post...Cheech

Attached Files:

#10 Cheech, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  11. Cheech

Cheech New Member

That white block on the down tube is actually the coil painted white...Cheech