Fender Vibrations.

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by ADDICTED BICYCLES, Oct 3, 2009.

1. ADDICTED BICYCLES

Hello, I just bought some fenders for my bike, and they vibrate my bike alot at high rpms. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to stop the vibrations, or at least dampen them a bit in my fenders? It doesn't seem like I can tighten anything or put any other brackets on, or maybe another bracket at the ends of the fenders would work? Any suggestions? Thank you. :)

Attached Files:

2. ADDICTED BICYCLES

Here's some more pictures, to give you a better idea of what's holding the fenders on.

Attached Files:

3. fernando

fernando New Member

i'd try to use some rubber washers inbetween ur fenders and the place it mounts to. is ur back fender touching the motors chaindrive? mine did, i had to bend it outta the way to avoid further rubbing and vibrations

4. bairdco

bairdco a guy who makes cool bikes

i run fenders on all my bikes. it looks like (to me, anyway) that your fender struts are pretty cheesy. plus, they've got a lot of extra parts to rattle around. i usually use WALD fenders, that are heavy duty, and have been around for a hundred years. they still make them, along with struts and other brackets.

here's a link to a place: Fender Parts | BikepartsUSA.

i've heard of people using undercoating spray paint on the insides of them, too. i think i'm gonna try that out on my next one.

just make sure they don't come loose, or you're OTB.

5. drhofferber

drhofferber New Member

If you must use fenders, use GOOP on and around all brackets...very strong, i also use Goop on the motor mounts and around the mount bolts after install...great product...strong and flexible...Dennis

6. ADDICTED BICYCLES

These fenders were the best ones the pro shop had there. They were $50! They seem to have cured themselves though, I no longer have fender vibration, and I didn't do anything. lol. So I guess it's all good. I keep checking all the fasteners, nothin's coming loose. I'm curious how the vibs stopped, but oh well I guess! lol, my bike doesn't vibrate much, so I don't think I have to worry too much. I'll always check them though. I routinely check everything now, since I have alot to inspect. lol. Thanks to everyone for your help! :)

7. DonnnN

DonnnN New Member

Hey.. i really like those red and blue neon lights.. where did u get em?

8. ADDICTED BICYCLES

I got the blue ones at canadian tire, and the red ones at walmart. I still have two more power ports to use, so I'll be putting even more lights. I probably won't run them all at once, but I will have options for different lighting combinations. :) Here is my Neon thread. :) http://motorbicycling.com/f26/neons-11686.html

Attached Files:

9. DonnnN

DonnnN New Member

Real nice.. ;)

10. ADDICTED BICYCLES

11. Bikeguy Joe

Bikeguy Joe Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

Use some adhesive backed weather strip inside the fenders...helps considerably.

12. Kevlarr

Kevlarr New Member

Got a car stereo shop nearby? If so stop by and ask if they'll let you have scraps of Dynamat. Very dense, self adhesive and it'll easily conform to the inside of your fender.