Felt tank question

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Rotor, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Rotor

Rotor New Member

I just purchased a Felt Twin cruiser, and was wondering what was the best method for a fuel fill on the tube tank? any suggestions or at least a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks, Rotor

2. Clotho

Clotho Member

Something like this. Filler cap

You know that you have to seal the tank right? It won't hold gas until you do.

3. Rotor

Rotor New Member

I have read about sealing the tank. In the article I read on another forum they used brake bleeders to fill and vent the top tube tank. It really seemed like there had to be a better way to fill. Is that what you used on your build Clotho? weld on or epoxy on? anyways thanks for the link!

Rotor

4. Clotho

Clotho Member

Brake bleeders?

I used JB Weld to seal the holes in my tank then I used a tank sealant process to seal it. I used a bung and cap similar to the one I linked to fill with. To vent it I drilled a hole in the cap, attached a brass fitting and ran a hose like you see on motocross bikes.

5. RedB66

RedB66 New Member

6. Rotor

Rotor New Member

on the fuel fill bungs you guys posted, would it be best to weld, braze or epoxy in? Thanks for the responses!

Rotor

7. Clotho

Clotho Member

Welding by a professional is always best but you can kiss the paint goodbye. I epoxied mine. If you make sure the surfaces are clean epoxy can be an incredibly strong bond. If you apply the JBWeld (Epoxy) to the surfaces and then work them a bit with a wire brush the bond will be even stronger.

8. pinocho bikes

pinocho bikes New Member

idea or solution brakes rear for felt shief bikes 4 strok gas motor

9. grinNbarritt

grinNbarritt New Member

If you look up Terry Blows felt twin build thread, he has links to the youtubes he did on the whole felt tank process.