Felt 1903 Fat Tire Ale 2011 Where do I buy offset motor mounts

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by 427blueyenko, Jul 10, 2012.

1. 427blueyenko

427blueyenko New Member

I'm new to all this can anyone help with my Felt 1903 Fat Tire Ale 2011, Where do I buy offset motor mounts. Any one with suggestuions on the build would be helpful.

2. 427blueyenko

427blueyenko New Member

How do i post pictures as well ?

3. GoldenSprocket

GoldenSprocket New Member

4. Harold_B

Harold_B Member

Is the Fat Tire Ale and the 1903 the same frame? The KW mounts are made for the 1903 but you'll have to contact Ken yourself. The front engine mount bolt spacing is made for a specific width so have that info handy when you email. I bought the mounts and the chain tensioner and they are very well made. Worth the price for sure.

5. GoldenSprocket

Oh yeah... I forgot about the steel framed bikes (the MP, Chief, Fat Tire Ale, etc.) having different dimensions than the aluminum framed bikes (1903, Twin, Slater, Canvas, etc.)

you may also want to look at Sportsman Pat's rear sprocket adapter, that lets you offset the sprocket too. It is also very well made, and much lighter than the steel sprocket/rag joint lameness that comes in the kit. I had to bend the coaster brake arm out of the way to move the sprocket over far enough though.

These bits add up quickly, but make for a very smooth running bike in the end, and are worth every penny if you want a relatively headache free build.

6. Harold_B

Harold_B Member

I have the Sportsman sprocket on my Felt and alignment was a snap. Ridley makes a really nice stamped brake arm for the Felt 1903: http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=39675 perhaps it will fit the hub on this one too.

7. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

Check out this thread.
    http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=33735

8. 427blueyenko

427blueyenko New Member

yes looks like i will be calling KW for some motor mounts for my felt 1903 . thanks guys for your hel with this .I figure since my car wont be done before my daughter is born this september maybe i could finish my bike ?

9. GoldenSprocket

Just be sure to measure how far apart the motors mounting bolt holes are, so you can tell Ken. There are a few different sizes (I think it is the front that differs in size, but i could be wrong, so measure both!).

My most recent build had the holes 2" apart, measured from the center of one hole (or mounting stud) to the center of the other hole (or mounting stud).

Ken is awesome, just have the information ready to make it easy on him!.wee.

10. Harold_B

Harold_B Member

So then, is it a 1903? Have you found out how to post photo's? I'm using the app so I can tell how if you are too but perhaps someone will post a link to a "how-to" page for the site. While I'm asking marginally related questions, 427 Yenko?! Photos please. I know it's not a MB but I have a soft spot for this sort of thing. This is a '67RS Z/28 basket case my Dad and I restored. Sold it years ago. Wish I had it back so I could sell it now!

Attached Files:

11. 427blueyenko

427blueyenko New Member

yes its a Felt 1903

12. george_n_texas

george_n_texas New Member

Welcome to MB forum there's a security feature that doen't let you post pictures until after a few posts you likely can post em now. Sounds like you have a real classic build goin on there!

dnut

13. Harold_B

Harold_B Member

I think the question was "how" and not "why can't I" post pictures. I posted a picture in the Welcome Forum on my second post. Link for how to would good if someone has it handy.

14. george_n_texas

Below where you type your message is this option:

Attach Files
    Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip

15. Harold_B

Harold_B Member

Thanks George. I use the app so I don't see hose options displayed the same. In the app you use the "Advanced" tab and select from the camera or photo files on the device, upload then go back to the text entry screen and hit "Send".

16. george_n_texas

Ah I see well you can use some sort of online sharing like photo bucket and just put a link to the pictures in your text. Now I do know Paul has recently added an ap for phones but I don't use an android based phone any more to tell you how to use it maybe someone else can chime in?

Here's the string http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=29839&highlight=android