exhaust

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by tonyslowrider, Mar 3, 2012.

1. tonyslowrider

tonyslowrider New Member

I have a 4 stroke motor. And I want to make a exhaust for it.But I want to know if I can use a copper Flex Pipe or Stainless steel flex pipe.will it damage the motor by just using the pipe buy itself.

2. The_Aleman

The_Aleman New Member

You won't damage the motor. I recommend the stainless. Ace Hardware and Home Depot sell a cylindrical muffler that works well, too.

3. tonyslowrider

tonyslowrider New Member

what does the standard muffler do. what difference would a regular pipe do.so I can just use a pipe bend it to shape and there will be no problems with the engine.

4. scotto-

scotto- Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder

Welcome to the forum Tony (^) If ya want that 4-stroke to go fast, make one like this out of steel tubing. It works great but is verrrry loud!

[​IMG]

dnut

5. tonyslowrider

tonyslowrider New Member

whats the difference between EZMotors Stainless steel flex pipe in the a Stainless steel flxe pipe at home depot or ace hardware store have.I dont want to ruin the motor.

6. rustycase

rustycase Gutter Rider

Tony, IME, if you have an exhaust pipe on the motor, you will not damage it.

Operating without an exhaust pipe creates a strong possibility of the exhaust valve cooling too quickly when shut off, and warping.

Some carb setups require back pressure to run optimally, but that won't kill a motor.

Best
    rc