engine problem...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mechin, Jan 20, 2012.

1. mechin

mechin New Member

i just bought an anglefire flying horse 66cc from "bikeberry" i put it on an old murray cruiser and got the bike tuned up it got home and i tried to start i have oxygen compression fuel and i have a voltage reading but no spark??? what could this be thanks in advance... :-||

2. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

Explain "voltage reading". To test for spark you'll need to remove the plug, reattach the lead then lay the plug against the cylinder head while rotating the rear wheel.
    How did you confirm the other two things, fuel and air?
    Tom

3. mechin

mechin New Member

i put a voltage reader into the blue and black wires out of the engine and turned the back wheel and got a reading i borrowed a friends cdi and it was working for sure it did not produce spark even with a tester plug i have fuel going in because i pulled off the card and some dripped a little bit and i put my hand over the air filter while i was peddaling on the road with the clutch off and felt suction on my hand

4. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman New Member

5. mechin

mechin New Member

another one of my friends thinks that it is possibly a grounding problem could these be the case

6. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman New Member

Depends...on how its wired, could be a bad connection. I don't use the bike frame to ground anything, no need to. All my builds have new wires (both Blue and Black) soldered, and heat shrink, don't use any connectors.

You can make a coil voltage tester very cheap.
    [​IMG]
    One lead goes to Blue, the other to Black.. doesn't matter which one goes where. Remove wires from CDI, remove spark plug, spin crankshaft with a drill or ratchet. It won't take much.

#6 Al.Fisherman, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  7. mechin

mechin New Member

thanks ill try to solder them together and get back to you thanks alot!!!!