Electric start two stroke bicycle engine kit!

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by maniac57, May 27, 2016.

1. maniac57

maniac57 Old, Fat, and still faster than you

http://jlzeda.com/view.php?id=365

initial reviews seem excellent....thoughts?
    I have seen vids of this motor and it really looks good.
    Basically a better chinadoll, but still based on same basic design, with better one-piece jug like a weedwhacker, and all the pull start/auto-clutch/full electrical system gizmos!
    Main drawbacks I see are terrible stock battery mounting, and a MUCH wider engine.
    I'm shocked nobody else is talking about these engines here......

2. mogollonmonster

There was a thread... KCVale is testing one, I think most folks are waiting till he posts his findings.

3. Nashville Kat

Nashville Kat Active Member

Wouldn't like it here. Always kicking the motor over when I need it, and killing it down to coast when I don't. That's the beauty of a clutched China Girl for me., NEVER want to have the motor running continuously.

4. Cylon

Cylon Member

After looking at it for awhile I also do not think I will be upgrading to this motor, too heavy and I don't like all the added stuff that could go wrong. I like my bike because I can tinker with things and make it better. This one doesn't seem like something I would want to really tear into and start changing things.

I also agree with the poster above me I as well do normally kill my motor to coast, it really helps the engine cool down quickly and adds a bit of life to it. Manual clutch ftw.

5. kevyleven007

kevyleven007 Active Member

#5 kevyleven007, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016