DIY Guy in Flint, Michigan

GoldenMotor.com

Psycledeliac

Oct 16, 2011
Flint Michigan USA
Hello all :)

I'm gonna take a stab at this whole MB thing and I've already gotten a wealth of information from this and other great sites. Thank you all for your help!

I have had a '77 Schwinn Caliente for forever or so, love it to death, got about a billion miles on it, gettin' sick of all the pedaling, tho.

So I got me an old snowblower for twenty dollars, it's a '78 Toro Snowmaster 20 with a lil' Tecumseh 2.5-ish HP 2-stroke engine in it (thank you Google, lol)

The thing runs great, gonna rip the motor out and drop it onto the back of the Schwinn, all friction-drive style-- er- somehow..

I am excited! This is gonna be fun, I will let y'all know how the experience goes.

daxtit

haha these smileys are awesomeness deluxe!!

Attachments

Psycledeliac

Oct 16, 2011
Flint Michigan USA
Hi thanks for the welcome!

Got the motor outta that snowblower pretty easy, there's a whole bunch of frame parts and brackety type things I may be able to use, cuz I don't like spending money so much. Lol.

I spent half a day holding the motor over the back wheel and staring at it, waiting for some kind of epiphany, which sort of came. I have a hanging bracket for a very large television like you would see in a sportsbar or tavern, it is made out of steel c-channel type material, I'm gonna grab the ol' hacksaw and see what happens.

I would like to start a build thread in the DIY section once I get enough done with some pics to at least be of some entertainment value.

See y'all later :)