Could use help installing a pull start kit on HT bicycle engine

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I could use some pointers here on installing a pull start on PK-80 engine which did not come with one. I bolted things together and discovered the business part of the pull start assembly rubs against the magneto bolts under it. I looked in my hardware stores to see if I could find bolts with a lower profile, but didn't. So, what's the fix? There's just so much real estate on the central bolt holding the assembly in place so putting a spacer in there doesn't seem possible. Who has made this work? Do you grind away some of the bottom of the pull start assembly where it contacts the bolt heads? I don't want to wreck anything and also really want for this to work. Any advice is much appreciated.
SB

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Re: Could use help installing a pull start kit on HT motor

I am not that familiar with the pull start Silverbear . Wish I could help got any picts?

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Re: Could use help installing a pull start kit on HT motor

Derks420,
You da man! So first I'll remove the washers from the magneto bolts and replace them with blue lock tight, the shave down the bell with grinding until it clears. Yes, it would be nice if they fit in the first place. Will let you know how it goes.
SB