Copper tank INSIDE faux tank

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle Welding, Fabrication and Paintin' started by atombikes, Oct 8, 2013.

1. atombikes

atombikes New Member

2. buba

buba Member

nice bike ---decent price!!!!

lots of great tank ideas ---pvc inside a custom exterior!!!!etc

many ways to skin a cat

3. AslansMonkey

AslansMonkey Member

Nice tank idea.

Is it just me, or is there really no way to stop that thing? I don't see any signs of any form of brakes.

4. atombikes

atombikes New Member

haha, good point. But ya know, boardtrack racers didn't have brakes, so...

5. silverbear

silverbear The Boy Who Never Grew Up

Looks like copper water pipe and end caps. I don't remember the diameter, but it is incredibly expensive unless you could find it at a scrap dealer. Pvc would be the economical approach, but it is a good idea hiding the tank inside a stock fake one. I wonder how much or little gas it would hold. Not much I think, but one might not need much. Yes, no brakes. Simplifies the build and no cables to route. I can't imagine selling a motor bike without brakes.
    SB

#5 silverbear, Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  6. AslansMonkey

AslansMonkey Member

I can't imagine selling a motorbike with just a coaster brake, let alone NO brakes. I understand its a board tracker and those don't necessarily have brakes, relying on engine braking to slow down, but I'd have at least thrown a warning up.

I'm surprised how many motor bikes I see listed on Craig's list with just the original coaster brake. Always makes me shudder for the prospective buyers.

I really like the tank idea, though. I'd use PVC if I copied that idea, but it really opens up the potential for different tank designs.