Contacting the online seller, communication with well less than..

GoldenMotor.com

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I will not disclose where or the seller, but just explain why sometimes you just think the seller is just so dumb you cannot stand it. Actually really I contacted first on a different issue when I saw some liquid in a new carb I purchased. I was told it was part of the manufacturing process and is supposed to be there will not hurt anything. I found that to be true. The engine ran fine except I could not adjust the Idle with the screw that was supposed to contact the arm going to the butterfly valve. The screw could only tighten a short distance before the pointed end of the screw would hit the body of the carb itself. The screw also was not ever in a position to contact the butterfly valve arm if the screw were to compress the spring completely. The casting was made with severe issues that make the idle not available to do anything at all. The seller when contacted about this wants model number and pictures of the original carb I was replacing with the one they sold me. I mean why does it fly-ing matter. If the idle screw on this part they sold is of no use, who cares what you used before.. am I right. Maybe it is just the automated system if I can think that, but do not think so. Just that the sellers have no knowledge of what they sell, or are trying to tire me out... cheesh!

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
most sellers buy boxes of things to sell - most never open the boxes to see what is inside

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I have to check if I did something wrong as I had not all the adjustment details of the carb I got. Glad I did not send any more requests for help. Sure it would be nice if parts sellers would have all the adjustment procedures after replacing parts they sell you, but I did find what I needed by checking online. This was direct from the carb mfr of the original part, not the seller. The seller of the after market carb had no info, but serendipitously sent me in the right direction. Adjustment should be the same except there is no fuel adjustment screw for the high throttle. Only the low throttle fuel mixture screw on the new not original mfr replacement part. Also Throttle Adjustment Screw TAS is supposed to start out at the point tip just hitting the throttle arm to the butterfly valve. The rest of the adjustment procedure in the right order I will not explain fully, but just to let you know, my eye sight is not the best even with glasses. I use my finger to detect that the TAS was operating fine. This is when I said to my self operator error. Now to get the carb all adjusted up right, I will start at square once again.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Found out the airfilter removed temporarily allow it to be adjusted, otherwise not. This was after the rain and it stopped for quite a while and no wind, so I checked it run for a short while without the filter on. Seems possible that the grime on the foam filter may not be able to be cleaned out enough to work. Since I already have the special airfilter foam material from another engine carb, as well as the cleaner and special oil for the foam filter I may make another filter. I thought to maybe try that special cleaner that washes off with water will not harm the foam filter already on the carb now. I'll leave it a day or so to see if the filter disintegrates, but actually making a new foam filter or buying one will have it working fine. Other engines have never seemed to need as clean a filter, but this one is a two stroke, much higher rpm.