Companion bike seat

GoldenMotor.com

jolfstn

Oct 30, 2011
Seattle, WA
I've asked the manufacturer, and as far as they know, no one has tried one of these on a motorized bicycle. I'm assuming there would be some speed loss, but I'm seriously considering one of these for mine. Anyone have any thoughts?
http://www.thebikeseat.com/

DIANY

Mar 8, 2012
nampa
that would be cool i totally need one of thesed...so manny chicks wanna ride my bike but you know women drivers lol this would totally be the solution...hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
not sure about your laws but in ohio its a big no-no will get you a ticket.no passangers allowed on motorized bicycle. good luck with it cool idea.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
The last thing i would do is put a passenger on and already over stressed rear wheel and go 25 mph down the road.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
It looks simple enough to custom make just for your bike. But I agree, unless you beef up your rear frame section and wheel, you're asking for a wobbly and dangerous ride while inviting frame breakage. Whizzer offered a small rear mounted seat, but it was lightweight for a child.

jolfstn

Oct 30, 2011
Seattle, WA
UPDATE: I've just ordered one, and they said it would be a wait. I asked for a prototype since I'm planning on modifying it anyway, and they're sending me one. These guys are great, fantastic communication, and they are as enthusiastic about how it will work on a motorized bicycle as I am. Check them out:
http://www.thebikeseat.com/index.html
I will post install updates and how the bike functions with passengers.
Consider giving these guys your business. The seats also have an optional stash box so it's a trunk space option even if you don't want to tote passengers. It's a brand new start up business and I think they will be huge

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Against the law here in MI too. I suspect they haven't made too many since all of the people on the website enjoying the product are riding the same bike. On the right bike it would look pretty cool, at least I think so. Sort of like a ride from the 20's or so.

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Against the law here in MI too. I suspect they haven't made too many since all of the people on the website enjoying the product are riding the same bike. On the right bike it would look pretty cool, at least I think so. Sort of like a ride from the 20's or so.
Actually, I do not think they have sold any yet. Their website says they are still in the prototyping phase. They did take it to SXSW this year, here in my stomping grounds. So it actually looks legit.

Since they are based in San Francisco, they must have some pretty massive tree trunks to be able to pedal up those hills with an extra adult riding along...

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I have built build a similar setup from a good rear rack, A bit of wood, some cloth or leather and some foam rubber. Be careful though, it can also increase the loads on the rear wheel enough to cause failures so a HD wheel would be a good idea if you intend to double up on a regular basis, especially on a motorbike.