Clutch?

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by tomahawk, Sep 8, 2010.

1. tomahawk

tomahawk New Member

I am pulling out the rest of what little hair i have left here guys. Im putting together a new build and the clutch is apparently engaged like it wants to get the motor started. What the hey.

2. Nougat

Nougat New Member

3. tomahawk

tomahawk New Member

i seen the thread but i am lost as to what measures to take.

4. Nougat

Nougat New Member

At what point in those instructions are you running in to a problem? And you still haven't related which motor you have. Note that those details are only for the 2-strokes, not for the fours.

5. tomahawk

tomahawk New Member

i am trying to make that clutch plate move out but nothing happens when the lever is pulled

6. tomahawk

tomahawk New Member

im sorry the motor is a grubee 66cc

7. tomahawk

tomahawk New Member

i keep going back to the instructions and trying to adjust that clutch so the silver plate moves out towards me. But for the life of me i cant seem to make it move outwards.

8. Nougat

Nougat New Member

Start with making sure your clutch cable is adjusted properly. The clutch arm on the engine should have little to no play in it when the cable is adjusted properly, and this arm should be pointing more or less straight back to the rear of the bike.

With the right cover off, pull the clutch lever. The flower nut and clutch plate should both move away from the ring gear. If the flower nut moves, but not the plate, lock the clutch handle and tap on the plate or gently pry it up; it's probably just stuck.

If neither the flower not nor clutch plate moves at all when you pull the clutch handle, the clutch return spring inside the case is broken, or your clutch cable is very loose.

If they move a little, but not enough for the rear wheel to turn easily, your clutch cable is out of alignment.

9. tomahawk

tomahawk New Member

Well i finally pried enough to turn the flower nut so i could turn it. Then rotated it counterclockwise one turn and pried up the silver plate. Finally is now not locked with the motor. I hope i did it right and thank you for your help.

10. Nougat

Nougat New Member

Yeah, that's it. Now read and follow the instructions for adjusting the clutch cable and setting the flower nut in the right place.