Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
here is what i did.
1. i take the flower off.
2. i take the clutch plate off.
3. i see the pads.
in this situation, should the left side sprocket move freely, mine does not.
with the clutch put together no matter how much i adjust it, it would not didengage. what is the matter with this crappy clutch please help me. thank you.

:-||
scratg

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
There are many tiny bearings in the large clutch gear... they probably went bad!
Jim (manic mechanic) posted a comp drawing of the clutch assembly here somewhere.

Pull off the large gear with the gear puller tool that came in the engine kit & see if the bearings are bad.

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
brnotOK, went back out and took a hammer to the pin on the left side. broke free, must have just stuck from sitting (it's brand new). thanks for all of your help.

Pedalman

Aug 27, 2009
IL
here is what i did.
1. i take the flower off.
2. i take the clutch plate off.
3. i see the pads.
in this situation, should the left side sprocket move freely, mine does not.
with the clutch put together no matter how much i adjust it, it would not didengage. what is the matter with this crappy clutch please help me. thank you.

:-||
scratg
First time builder here, I just turned that "flower" nut out about 360 degrees,put that stop bolt back in, after checking clutch lever(and looking at clutch plate turning and not turning with clutch lever pulled in and letting it out).If someone said the exact thing sorry in different way excuse me.xct2xct2xct2xct2xct2xct2