Chain is rubbing on frame

GoldenMotor.com

Rusty_Nail

Oct 11, 2019
I've tried adjusting everything... tensioner etc and chain still rubs frame. It currently has a 32t cnc on it. Not sure what else to try need some help. If i adjust the tensioner one way it rubs the tire or the other way and it rubs the frame. There seems to be no in between. I don't know if trying to tweak how the engine mounts on the frame would help/be a good idea. I'm stumped. Its on a cranbrook. Any help is appreciated.

• Wow
Reactions: Jbyrd666
May 22, 2020
I've tried adjusting everything... tensioner etc and chain still rubs frame. It currently has a 32t cnc on it. Not sure what else to try need some help. If i adjust the tensioner one way it rubs the tire or the other way and it rubs the frame. There seems to be no in between. I don't know if trying to tweak how the engine mounts on the frame would help/be a good idea. I'm stumped. Its on a cranbrook. Any help is appreciated.
Taking a couple of pictures would help determine what needs to be done, I am interested in how the tensioner is causing the chain to move horizontally.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Bend the frame: put drive 2x4 block between, bend down on sprocket side: Small block Chevy exhaust manifold spreader, put some threaded rod through for a temporary axle, then spread : Or maybe just some extra washers on sprocket side, will do it. All been done before and work ...........Curt