Centrifugal Clutch will fit 1999-2008 reproduction Whizzer motorbikes

GoldenMotor.com

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Search this thread, in the past Quenton listed the differences in the various auto clutches, there were several versions, I believe some were more problematic than others. He has the fix for most of em, atleast he did my type.

Don P

Sep 1, 2010
indiana
Thanks cannonball2
i have read most of the post on fixing whizzer auto clutch, but i was talking about this china clone. i wanted to see if any one had info in this one. thanks Don P

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Thats not a clone perse. The seller was involved with the production of the Gen2 Whizzers. It more of an original upgrade. A re-engineer of the original. Im not expert on this. Run Quenton down, he is the man with the answers. I have however bought from this ebay in the past with good results.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
I'm thinking of getting one of these clutch, it sounds like he's worked the bugs out of them. The price also sounds good.

Ray

OG-Whizzerdude

Nov 28, 2011
Blythe, CA
I looked into my 2005 (Whizzer USA). Ne Auto clutch to see why it stopped working. The shoes are wafer thin. That has got to be it.
Is there a rebuilder around or do I just buy new ones with a core charge for the old shoes. Is this a service NAPA would offer? Or do I have to chase these puppies down?
Thanks guys, I’m in the dark and in the boonies

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
the auto clutch on these things are junk.......I was going to send it to Quenton to work on but after trying a few things with it asked myself..."can you paint a turd and make it pretty? or is it still a turd under the paint?
so basically these bikes come with a clutch that cost approx $200 and if you wanna spend more doctoring it up you'll have a maybe $350 turd?
I'll go to my local pulley and gear supplier monday and come up with a better solution. they sell every type of bearing, clutch,pulley or gear ever known.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Hey Ray. My buddy. John at Banzai Machine modified a max torque centrifugal clutch just as Third Millennium Energy used to sell. It worked very well, but with parts and labor you're looking at about $350.00. I have four of the Third Millennium clutches I bought on ebay years ago and one is on my race bike. They're really compact and hook up nicely and use a sprag bearing for pedal starts.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Hey Ray. My buddy. John at Banzai Machine modified a max torque centrifugal clutch just as Third Millennium Energy used to sell. It worked very well, but with parts and labor you're looking at about $350.00. I have four of the Third Millennium clutches I bought on ebay years ago and one is on my race bike. They're really compact and hook up nicely and use a sprag bearing for pedal starts.
Thank you Dale, the 3rd has always been my favorite clutch.
Dale $350.00 is more than fair, when the 3rd first came out, i paid $300.00.
one of my best in investment, i'm going to start saving for one of your buddy Johns. Thank you Sir.

Ray

Attachments

dinkspolishing

Nov 24, 2012
joshua tree
hi i got the aftermarket clutch off ebay and my buddy did not no there was a rod and a what i believe to be a barring and a spring in where the rod goes does this sound right because now all i have is the rod if there is a barring and spring where can i get one

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
hi i got the aftermarket clutch off ebay and my buddy did not no there was a rod and a what i believe to be a barring and a spring in where the rod goes does this sound right because now all i have is the rod if there is a barring and spring where can i get one
Can you supply photos of what you have? We may be able to ID it and offer some help.

OG-Whizzerdude

Nov 28, 2011
Blythe, CA
I put one on my 99 when I first got it. It worked great for years too and then one day I started it and it didn't work at all. It never acted up, no warning it just quit. I sent it to the guru on the other forum and haven't had a chance to put it on the bike yet. I have no doubt it is going to work just fine again. Both of my Whizzers are torn down now and I have to paint some apartments and a garage before I can get back to them. We shall see. It seems like everything works great until it don't, huh.
Jim