Can't wait to get started... Really!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by colorider, Jul 9, 2008.

1. colorider

colorider New Member

So, over the last month or so I have been looking around at some of the less expensive motorcycle kits. Everything from the Kikker 5150 Hardknock to a number of other kits out there on the market. I have been wanting to build something with two wheels, something that is greener than my car. Something fun though.

I'm a guy who hand painted flames on his own car, I am not shy about standing out in a crowd. This weekend I was walking in Old Colorado City with my family and stumbled upon Whizzers of Oz. They had a bright red bike out front, I knew that was the sort of project I was looking for. I still have a sting-ray in my garage for Pete's sake.

I have been spending all of my free time since then researching what my options are. I just returned from purchasing a brand-new Schwinn Cruiser bike that I plan to add an engine to. I am pretty sure I'll be going with one from Thatsdax.com

So... I am what you would call an "eager noob." I have already printed off my Colorado motorized bicycle registration application. Now, i just need to cough up the money for an engine.

So that is me. I have to start by saying thanks to all of you who have posted such awesome and helpful information. I think this is one of the most welcoming forums I have ever seen (funny to say that in a first post).

Thanks for having me!

Colorider

^5

2. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome Colorider to the forum, glad you joined us :D
    :ride:

3. stude13

stude13 New Member

its a fun bunch. welcome

4. smithmule

smithmule New Member

cant wait to see how your MB turns out :)

5. paul

paul Active Member

welcome to the site. i imagine you will be getting your new motor soon and see why we are all so crazy about this. glad to have you with us
    :ride2:

6. Ilikeabikea

Ilikeabikea Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum. Lots of motorized bicycle enthusiasts here. Glad you joined us............................

7. MrLarkins

MrLarkins HS Math Teacher

yea, welcome to the forums...lets see those pictures when you get her running

8. colorider

colorider New Member

Cool, I have been getting started, I am hoping to pick the engine up next week while I am on vacation. I also will be posting my project on a blog just for this (just added it to my signature line).

9. jasonh

jasonh New Member

hey welcome.

I can't wait to get started too. I just keep waiting for this money thing to happen, but crap keeps getting in the way :(

I read on your blog that you're going to do a local pickup from thatsdax. That's good to know that the option is available.

Where in CO are you at?

10. colorider

colorider New Member

I am in the Springs. My brother lives in Denver though. He may pick it up for me on his way down.