can somebody teach me how to donut?

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by El_Renzo, Jan 28, 2014.

1. El_Renzo

El_Renzo New Member

dnut i wanna know how to do donuts on my motorized bicycle. If you guys know how or know someone that does...PLEASE!! Help me

2. maniac57

maniac57 Old, Fat, and still faster than you

Lay the bike over on it's side, plant your foot, give it some throttle (not wide open),pop the clutch and steer into the donut as you pivot around your planted foot.
    Practice on a low traction surface before you try showing off in public.
    You WILL crash a few times before you get it down.

3. El_Renzo

El_Renzo New Member

Thank u. Lol i know what im doing this weekend

4. maniac57

maniac57 Old, Fat, and still faster than you

I suggest wet grass for your practice...slicker the better until you have a feel for how it reacts.

5. Mike B

Mike B New Member

Just pour some used crankcase oil over the rear tire and have at it. Burn it out 'till it blows.

Wash it down and get a new tire.

6. bairdco

bairdco a guy who makes cool bikes

It helps if you have a front brake.

Lock up the front and lean forward to take as much weight off the rear as you can. give it as much gas as you can to get the rear spinning, then lean the bike over and push it with your inner thigh to one side and hang on.

the china motor doesn't normally have a lot of low end torque to do donuts easily, so you need to keep the weight off the rear and have a slick surface, like loose dirt or wet pavement.

Don't expect a tire smoking, rubber squealing display of power. you'll get more of a laughable joke of a burnout...

7. BarelyAWake

BarelyAWake New Member

http://youtu.be/s_P9PU5FcMQ

"You put your right foot in. You take your right foot out. You put your right foot in. And you shake it all about. You do the hokey pokey. And you turn yourself around..."

Yea... soz, I couldn't help meself lol ;)

8. 16v4nrbrgr

16v4nrbrgr New Member

Pour bleach all over the rear tire like the drifters do and make loads of noxious smoke! rotfl

9. Intrepid Wheelwoman

Intrepid Wheelwoman New Member

Cinnamon Donuts:

Ingredients

3/4 cup milk
    2 x 7g packets dry yeast
    1 cup caster sugar
    pinch of salt
    4 1/2 cups plain flour
    220g butter, chilled and cut into small cubes
    3 eggs, lightly beaten
    2 teaspoons cinnamon
    vegetable or light olive oil, for frying

Method

Step 1

Heat milk over low heat until just warm (overheating will kill yeast). Remove from heat and pour into a jug. Add yeast, 2 tablespoons caster sugar, and salt. Whisk with a fork until well-combined. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.

Step 2

Sift flour into a large bowl. Add butter and rub in with fingertips until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add 1/4 cup caster sugar, stirring until well-combined. Make a well in the centre. Add yeast mixture and eggs. Mix until well-combined. Drop mixture onto a floured surface. Knead for 10 minutes. Place dough into a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Stand in a warm place for 45 minutes.

Step 3

Combine remaining caster sugar and cinnamon on a plate. Knock down dough and turn onto a lightly floured board. Cut dough in half and knead each piece for 5 minutes. Roll one piece out to 1 1/4cm thick. Cut 8cm circles with a biscuit cutter. Using a 4cm round cutter, cut out centre of each circle to form donuts. Continue with remaining dough.

Step 4

Half-fill a frypan with oil. Heat over medium heat until oil is hot. Add 2 to 3 donuts at a time, cooking for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Toss donuts, one at a time, in cinnamon sugar until well-coated.

:D

10. BarelyAWake

BarelyAWake New Member

11. scotto-

scotto- Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder

Doughnuts ?

12. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

13. Kioshk

Kioshk Active Member

14. Jumpa

Jumpa New Member

Thats what its all about !
    dnutdnutdnut

15. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

16. placidscene

placidscene New Member

Ive seen that video before, but it was awesome to watch it again. Thanks Tom

17. maurtis

maurtis New Member

I let my brother-in-law take a ride on my ebike a while back, but did not remember to tell him that you have to manually roll the throttle off since the throttle spring is not strong enough to always spring the throttle back (due to the curvature of the bars). I used it like a poor man's cruise control...

I was riding my wife's ebike to follow him, but hers is not quite as fast so I was a little behind him. So when I get to the garage, I see him standing next to my bike with the front wheel in the air, rear wheel smoking, and hopping around in circles!

[​IMG]

Apparently he whacked the throttle to get up the driveway and the bike wheelied out from under him (he is tall and with the layback seatpost the seat is low), then he was just focused on keeping the bike from hitting my car while his older brother just watched, stunned, a couple feet away. I ran up and grabbed the front brake, which also engages the controller throttle cutoff, LOL!

Since then I rethought the idea of intentionally having the throttle stick and fixed that.

Attached Files: