Can I put a motor on a Peugot "City Express" c. 1992? (Newbie)

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by markus80906, Apr 22, 2009.

1. markus80906

markus80906 New Member

If anyone has done this w/success or failure, would appreciate any response. This is a heavy bike to begin with, but the quality and comfort of this old classic is great...

Also, I plan on peddling 99% of the time, and only using the motor to get up my gradual, yet torturous 1 mile hill back home, after a 30+ mile ride up the trail and back, it's a real turnoff. That doesn't sound like much, but I'm 47, and that last mile has pushed me to considering this interesting option (and kept the bike where it don't belong, in the garage). Thanks..

#1 markus80906, Apr 22, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  2. Cabinfever1977

Cabinfever1977 New Member

im sure you can put a engine on it,it would help if you had a pic or link to one.

3. Finfan

Finfan New Member

If it is a standard road bike frame the engine will almost certainly fit. Read through the classic posts section and you will probably learn everything you need to know about basic installation.

Please consider that you will be adding 20 pounds and some peddling resistance to the bike. It is a fun hobby but the kits only make the bike easier when the engine is running. Just remember you have to get 3 posts logged before you can link anything. It is annoying but necessary.

4. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

Hmmm.... was looking online had trouble finding a pic of one.

Click on the pic below, it will have the dimensions you need for the in frame two-stroke kit.

And you could always go with a front friction drive or rear rack chain or friction drive as well.

Attached Files:

5. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Well-Known Member

Like fairracing31 mentioned,friction drive would be the easiest option.

No need to match sprocket to rear wheel, and disengagement is as simple as raising the engine assembly.

Since you pedal 99% of , a 1" roller and 35cc Robin/Subaru would work well..rd.