can i attach the acceleograph throttle to road bike handlebars?

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by jadels215, Sep 10, 2009.

1. jadels215

jadels215 New Member

Hi,

Im new to the forums, but to motorized bikes. ive been drooling over some spookytooth bikes for about a year now and ive decided to go the diy route, and save some scratch.

I was just wondering if it was possible to convert a road bike into an MB. More specifically would i have trouble attaching the acceleograph throttle onto the road bikes handlebar?

the bike im getting tomorrow has the drop down handlebar design, if that makes sense. i tried posting a a link but i have to be an active member first.

if you want to check out the bike, google: vista cruiser schwinn bike southjersey craigslist

i appreciate any help, the quicker the responses the better! im getting the bike tomorrow and want to know if i should go an alternate route for the chosen bike

2. BostonBiker

BostonBiker New Member

you could always just put some MTB handlebars on it... a lot of ppl who have fixies or SS's do it.

3. Goat Herder

Goat Herder Gutter Rider

Welcome to the forum! Make a couple more post and you will be allowed to post picts.

4. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

I wish I knew what an 'acceleograph throttle' is. I might want one.
    Tom

5. freewheeling frank

freewheeling frank New Member

ya the schwinn vist cruiser i think is the same basic platform as the jag no problems

6. Kevlarr

Kevlarr New Member

Pssst 2door, you have one already. lol