Brand new Motor Bogs

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by motorizedmatt, Feb 20, 2011.

1. motorizedmatt

motorizedmatt New Member

Hi all,

I just pickedup a brandnew motor kit and put it on my cruiser and it runs fine at idle and I can even rev and it sounds like it shoud, but when the clutch is engage (meaning using the motor to pull me) anymore than 5% throttle and it just bogs. Because of this it will only run up to like 15mph.

Im pretty damn sure I have this thing hooked up 100% right (This is my second one I have built) where should I start looking for the issue, or should I call up the dealer I bought it from and give them a piece of my mind?
    :-||

2. spears7100

spears7100 New Member

I'm having the exact same issue...which carb does your kit have? I've got the "CNS V2 Racing Carburetor". I'm thinking this carb is a real piece of junk, but I've not got any experience with this carb before. I've adjusted mine every which way..which seems to be the only way i can keep it running.

3. Hammond Egger

Hammond Egger New Member

If it will rap up without any load it's probably either way to rich or way too lean. Adding a little bit of choke and trying to get it through the flat spot to WOT will tell you which.

4. mopedjay

mopedjay New Member

if its bogging its running too lean check the air filter

its a chinese carb so pull the jet out and see if theres anything blocking it i have seen some jets on china carbs that were not even made right

if the racing carb is what i think it is its a cheap copy of a dellorto sha 14.12 it should take std dellorto jets

you can buy new jets from treatland.tv its a moped parts store

5. motorizedmatt

motorizedmatt New Member

I fixed it. On this new style carb there is alittle black breather hose on the right. I un plugged it from the top and now it runs good

6. wayne z

wayne z New Member

Please 'splain to us how an air filter can make an engine run lean.
    Thanks, Wayne

7. mopedjay

mopedjay New Member

if its tuned to run with an airfilter and you run it without it the engine will run lean

8. Heezy

Heezy New Member

WOW after all that time wasted turning those friggin screws. thank you soo much, you fixed my bike,

9. rohmell

rohmell Active Member

Many, many posts on this forum about problems with the new CNS carb.
    Stock up on the NTs while you still can.

10. krichard987

krichard987 New Member

So I don't understand how did you fix the problem???

11. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

He hosed the carb. Um... err.... re-connected the breather hose correctly. When brand new the hoses are not routed correctly. They seem to be just stuck onto the various hose barbs as a way to hold them for packing and shipping.