Board Track Racer Trek Classic Cruiser Style

GoldenMotor.com

hmlhogan

Jul 23, 2009
Kingman, AZ
Hello folks. Its hot here in Kingman AZ for a 65yr ol handicaped fart. Building my bike so to get around town and nott have to die in my lazyboy. Im installing a Star-Fire GT-2 48cc on this aluminum frame with FAT tubes which has been a hassle bur with U clamps and J-D Epoxy putty to make a formed fit things are working quite well. I just have to stop loosing washers and nuts. Ive been to many web sites looking for great looking gas tanks but seem tobe in short supply. Anyways, this looks like a great forum to spend lots of time in, thanks for the open door policy!! LOLOLOL .shft.

Last edited:

hmlhogan

Jul 23, 2009
Kingman, AZ
Hey Mate, glad to here your reply bout thee Chair-Of-Death but thats what was allocated to me by my loving wife. Story: Now surviving 10 heat attacks, 6 stents, legs numb from knees down, 26yrs diabetic. Wife took away driving privliges [need a speel correct here!!!], cooking privliges and power tool use [had to fight tto use my screw driver [manual] LOL]. So bought some bus passes and started to see the town.
Then started a LONG time passion, building a small wooden boot which is on hold cus of high heat here for resin use [fires off to fast]
So I bought a Trek Classic Cruiser a couple months after I recieved my Star-Fire 48cc kit. Talk about a tight fit!!
Anyways Im on my way. In late 60's I raced 1/4 mile flat track in Hawaii with 160cc Honda Scrambler [Modified some].
Canada, what part, been into British Columbia [Canam Lake, 25mi east of 100 Mile House.] then to Bamff and down thru Alberta and bact to home at time in Spokane, WA. My wife worked at Canam Lake Indian Reserve teaching for a yr.
nuht for now.............(*"*).shft.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
hmlhogan,
Welcome to the best Motorized Bicycle place in town. You'll find lots of friendly folks here ready and willing to offer any assistance you might need. Stay away from that chair and hide out in the garage. Mine is like my cave and I spend as much time out there as I can. I'm right behind you in age so don't slow down or I'll pass you by. Have fun, ride careful and post some photos of your build when its finished.
Tom

FormerMPSGT

Jul 7, 2012
IOWA
I need s Gas Tank (not the Cheesy ones that come with the Kits, and not one of those between the frames but over the top and down wrap around) I have a Schwinn Point Beach and do not want to cut the frame or mount a regular tank. I know how to map or sketch one and make one out of paper but I cannot build one or afford to have one built, I need one that is already built and I do want more capacity then those little Peanut Type offer. Any Ideas please NO PLASTIC/FIBERGLASS Please!
zpt

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Considered a behind the seat mounted tank? Lots of options there. Vintage Rupp tanks or NOS B&S on eBay, or the really spiffy tank from Sportsman. There's a thread on here someplace where a builder made his tank(s) from camping stove fuel tanks as I recall. Another from a chunk of copper pipe. Just a thought....