Board racer

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ruppster, Mar 3, 2010.

1. ruppster

ruppster New Member

Hi everyone, I recently decided to switch hobbies and while looking for old motorcycles on the web I found the picture of the board racer replica someone posted. I instantly fell in love with that bike and I think I'm going to give this hobby a try. First I need to know what engine to use and what pit falls to avoid. There looks like there's a ton of resources so I'm off to a good start. Anyone here from N.H or Me.? Does Anyone Know who built that bike? I look forward to getting to know you folks. Brian

2. bairdco

bairdco a guy who makes cool bikes

i built that bike.

wait, how the heck are we gonna know who built it if we can't see it? :)

3. Blakenstein

Blakenstein New Member

Hiiiyaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

4. ruppster

ruppster New Member

Since my initial post I realized that there are many board track replica's. I don't think I'll be able to post a picture of the bike in question but crazy horse was the one that posted the picture of the bike I saw.It set against a log with clump of tall grass behind it. It was Grey with faux red patina areas sanded through and possibly a Grubee motor.

5. RedB66

RedB66 New Member

This is the bike.

Attached Files:

6. hellhammered

hellhammered New Member

Welcome! What part of Maine are you in? I'm in the middle of the Lakes Region in Naples.

7. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Active Member

Welcome to the forum. You can build a boardie without frame mods. Venice posted a nice one recently.
    The true believers mod the frame and source an antique engine. One member used a Briggs & Stratton Vanguard v-twin. It looked antique after he removed the fan shroud and shaved the fins from the flywheel.
    Check out the posts in the board track section before spending the cash.

8. ruppster

ruppster New Member

I just picked up a pair of 1949 Schwinn springers with skip tooth chain sets tonight. I suspect they might be worth a bit more than I paid for them and I'm in no hurry to cut them up. I'm not having great luck navigation the site, I didn't even know they had a board track section. I'm just outside of Sanford,Maine

9. ruppster

ruppster New Member

Ooops, yes,Red B66 that is the bike. I'm sorry I didn't see your post yesterday