Blew out the center electrode of my sparkplug...........

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by donutguy, Aug 19, 2011.

1. donutguy

donutguy New Member

Something I've never done before. I was giving it full throttle up a slight incline (I was going a tad over 30mph) when all of the sudden "pop" and the engine died.

Turns out I blew the center of the sparkplug completely out of the engine....took the rubber boot and the end of the sparkplug wire with it and I never found it.

First time for everything I suppose :)

2. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman New Member

Strange, I've seen the electrode gone but never that. What brand of plug were you using.

3. donutguy

donutguy New Member

To be honest......I'm not sure. It wasn't anything name brand, it's in the trash bin outside.

I've never had anything like that happen before- it was completely gone and it took whatever holds the sparkplug wire to the sparkplug with it.

4. Fulltimer

Fulltimer New Member

I would have save the plug because that is REALLY weird! I never heard of that before!

Terry

5. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

I've seen it happen to a high horsepower drag race engine but never on something as small as ours. Probably a cracked porcelain that let go and took the center electrode with it when it left the engine.

Tom

6. Norman

Norman LORD VADER Moderator
    Staff Member

Sooner or later you will see the weird stuff happen.
    the plug doing that isn't new I've seen that before, just glad I wasn't over the top of it when it took off.