Bike Make Inquiry

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Salty Gator, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Salty Gator

Salty Gator New Member

Hey everyone,
    I came upon this snap of an old cruiser bike on "Ratrods.com"....and for the life of me I've no idea what it is and the site didn't elaborate on it....but it sure would make a cool build I think...LOL....does anyone know what it is ?...also...check out that front end....ever seen a sprung front like that ?

Thanks,
    Salty.shft.

Attached Files:

2. corgi1

corgi1 New Member

I think ,pretend the two strait bars were added,the front rack fab'ed in,and those handle bars "wow",and it starts to look like a regular bike,lol

3. Salty Gator

Salty Gator New Member

hahahahaha......aint it cool ? :)

Salty.shft.

4. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

Salty,
    Some time ago a member posted some photos of two bikes he was given from a foreign country but for the life of me I can't recall where to find that post. As I remember they both had straight cantilever bars like that one but I don't remember the bars or a front suspension like this one. I'll keep looking and if I find them and they look the same I'll post for you.
    Tom

5. Nashville Kat

Nashville Kat Active Member

very cool! and I really like that saddlebag. It looks like it comes off easily and a nice size for general utility- I think I saw things like thatabout 1960-

good tires too- should be a nice build

6. bairdco

bairdco a guy who makes cool bikes

the forks are are an "evan-action springer" designed by Harley Earl for the Evan's/Colson company in the 50's.

the frame almost looks like an old schwinn typhoon, but the back triangle is different. could be custom made, or english.

the handleybars? them's are just goofy.

7. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

Has that one of a kind funky look! Gonna make an awesome build Salty. Can't wait to see her finished. Never saw one so am of no help, but Uber Cool.

Just realized, color almost matches the HF engine

#7 Dan, Feb 20, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  8. Salty Gator

Salty Gator New Member

Awesome Tom !....I'm doing some research as well....but I have to say...I've NEVER seen a sprung front end like that .......it's not my bike, I just WANT ONE !

Laughs,
    Salty.shft.

9. Salty Gator

Salty Gator New Member

Momma always said " goofy is as goofy does "....( laughs )....those bars are COOL !....if possible can you find some nomenclature pertaining said bike ?...especially Harley
    Earl....the most famous of all GM car designers........

Thanks,
    Salty.shft.

10. Salty Gator

Salty Gator New Member

Dan,
    I concur....it'll make an AWESOME build....but.....it aint mine dang it !....I want it though ! ( screams to the bike Gods )...GIMME.....GIMME....GIMME !

Laughs,
    Salty.shft.

11. corgi1

corgi1 New Member

I would settle for a set of bars and head-lites,lol

12. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

" Dan,
    I concur....it'll make an AWESOME build....but.....it aint mine dang it !....I want it though ! ( screams to the bike Gods )...GIMME.....GIMME....GIMME !

Laughs,
    Salty"

I cought that after posting Salty, lol. me slow. Side note Carol got me bumper sticker paper today and I forgot what I was supposed to print for ya and deleted your addy. When ya get time, please remind and resend. Have a new printer and they are coming out purty cool!

Gonna do clear tank stickers too.