bike doent start ever time i pop clutch

GoldenMotor.com

ex-28

May 23, 2010
winnipeg, Manitoba
1 out of 3 times starting i pedal and get up to a good speed , pop the clutch and the bike wont turn over it just slows the bike down and stops , clutch is set correctlly , running at 80cc with racing cns carb and 48T

driving me nuts , i tested clutch and seems to be proper and all had it going for about a month now , buld a few other bikes , just this one when i pop it wont start 1 out fo 3 times !

Blackrain2012

Aug 12, 2010
San Diego
This just happened to me and i almost threw the bike out.

Do the following:

1. Open clutch and remove each pad

2. clean each side of pad and slots they go into, MAKING SURE TO DRY OUT ALL THE WAY!!!

3. put back in and tighten the flower nut.
-engage the throttle so the handle is not squeezed in
-push in the clutch plate and tighten the flower nut so it is snug
-then loosen it half a turn and put in the locking screw
-all clutches are different so if it is still sliding, engage the clutch and tighten the flower nut one notch at a time and test after each one to find sweet spot.

4. keep engaging and disengaging the clutch while riding, keeping it engaged for 5 seconds at a time. the clutch plate will melt through the pads until the pads have a good surface to stick to the plate.

huckersteve

May 20, 2008
Seattle
www.gohuckyourself.com
Yeah, there's no other explanation than bad clutch engagement for your sympton. I too have had to clean my pads once when I actually (true story) sprayed lube in there. I was something of a Newbzor at the time, lol. Brake cleaner and a little warming with a cigarette lighter actually had me back on the road that very day, and after I thought I was DOOMED, no less! That bike rode perfect until the day it was stolen. I hope the Weasel who stole it ran straight under a bus.