Bike #5 Trek Calypso

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Hot Wheels, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Hot Wheels

Hot Wheels New Member

Hi everyone, I just finished a Trek Calypso what a great bike and a very easy build. The frame is longer than a Schwinn cruiser, it's very comfortable and smooth. I added the prewar handle bars and`my good looking and great sounding exhaust. I tried something new with the exhaust most of it is silicone tubing, so far so good, I've put about 40 miles on it and it hasn't burst in to flames yet. I'll let you all know if it fails otherwise a very easy way to run your exhaust/ if anybody has built a Trek Calypso please post some pictures I would love to see them Please ride safe. .shft.

Attached Files:

2. corgi1

corgi1 New Member

How hot does the silicone get against your leg?

3. Catfisher

Catfisher New Member

That's a Sweet Lookin' Ride! Way more detailed work than my tired butt is willing to do. How did you paint it? Will paint adhere to silicone tubing? Great job.

4. Hot Wheels

Hot Wheels New Member

It's not as bad as metal, it's hot but if your bare skin touches it you won't loose any skin.

5. Hot Wheels

Hot Wheels New Member

I lucked out and found blue hose on Ebay, and it's way cheaper there. I have painted some green hose black with high heat silicon paint, that worked good..trk

6. nidyanazo

nidyanazo New Member

hrm.. I don't foresee that tubing holding up for very long...
    But you sure did paint it well!