Best air/fuel mixture

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Re: Bought a kit asking for some advice

You will have to tell us which carb you have and which engine, someone will be glad to help. As someone has said " the only dumb question is the one you don't ask".

bad.hardley

Aug 29, 2011
Portage, IN

ok cool
all i know is it's one of them cheap china bike kits. 66 cc there is nothing on any thing i have even searched the little book. it was bought off ebay for me.

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast

lol

I'll bet my quarter that the 'one' in the OP probably means that u got an NT carby and there is NO (zero) fuel mixture adjustment you can fiddle with.

That screw you see is for idle speed.

It's a good carb. Btr when you re-jet it properly after run-in. :)

Best advice I can give is to read through the various parts of the forum as you get the time, or find a need when problems occur, and they will !

Best
rc

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas

Welcome to THE Forum bad hardly, You have come to the right place. The most common problem is the carb being not tight enough on the intake manifold. Allows it to suck air. Don't mess with the carb till you see how it runs. Take your time building the bike. We never get tired of helping. Any question you have just ask. Also when putting the slide into the carb, you will see a long slot. There is a brass nipple in the slide and it will slide right in. Don't force it. (c)

bad.hardley

Aug 29, 2011
Portage, IN

Thank you everyone for your replys. I'm still working on the carb, I will let you know if I have more questions.

bob oelkers

Dec 6, 2011
phoenix,az 85020

my 66cc flying horse new will not run . I can take spark plug out & put mix IN and it tries .How do I set CARB FIRST TIME.AND ARE THERE ANY FORUMS ON CARB & PRIMER ,CHOKE START UPS

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now

my 66cc flying horse new will not run . I can take spark plug out & put mix IN and it tries .How do I set CARB FIRST TIME.AND ARE THERE ANY FORUMS ON CARB & PRIMER ,CHOKE START UPS
Needle in the second notch from the top, tickle the carb with that little button on the side, give it 3/4 to full choke and let 'er rip!

BTW, welcome to the forum.