Been gone, now I'm back

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Willyam911, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Willyam911

Willyam911 New Member

I just wanted to reintroduce myself to the site. I have been gone a couple of years. I was born and raised in Houston Texas where I currently reside and I am 29 years old. I built a Schwinn 66cc cruiser a couple years ago and had a lot of fun with it. The only thing that I could think that would have made it better would be to have two bikes so I can enjoy a trip with a buddy.

I recently purchased a brand new 66cc kit as well as some upgrades for my old kit and I am going to build two brand new bikes. I am cannibalizing my original motocruiser for its parts and I am building two huffy champion cruisers. I am going to spend a good bit of time and money on them to try and get them as reliable as possible. I never had any problems with my old motor but I did have a ton of problems with my drive train.

My biggest issue was having a true mounted drive sprocket on the rear wheel. I don't know what direction I am going to go but I would love some suggestions. Probably some sort of clamshell adaptor on the rear hub. I know I don't want to use that crappy mount that comes with the kits. I will be starting a build thread soon and pictures will be coming.

Can't wait to be cruising on my new bike.
    Thanks guys

.bf.Will

2. Powertool

Powertool Member

Welcome back , sure you'll have twice the fun this time with two bikes.......

3. twostrokejimmy

twostrokejimmy New Member

well hello glad you can enjoy her like most of us see ya around.bf.

4. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods New Member

Cool. I followed a pattern something like yours. Built two bikes in the spring of 2008. I liked them and had fun. But as they died I got a bit discouraged over how much time I was putting into keeping them working. So I dropped out for a couple of years.

Then I got the urge again and built another. With the experience from the first two, I've found that I understand things better and am not finding maintenance to be quite so much of a headache.

I also keep a spare bike, too. Even though this one is more reliable I still need some sort of backup.

Have fun.