Another Ancient Hippy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Shameless54, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Shameless54

Shameless54 New Member

But, my long hair never quite covered up my Redneck! My other major hobby is Cowboy Action Shooting! Real 1900's guns shooting steel reactionary targets.

I have had motorcycles since I was 14 and got straight B's on my report card. My Dad sprang for half I earned the other half of the money selling cokes in the Cotton Bowl when the Cowboys and the Texans played there.

I went through a Dirt Bike stage in my late 20's I had a Yamaha DT1 then I got serious and had a 250 Can Am TNT. My buddies had Bultacos, Pentons, etc. etc.

I have gotten a little long in the tooth and don't bounce so good so making a two stroke bikes for less than $300 intrigues me.

I have a Schwinn Badlands mountain bike my neighbor left behind. It's gonna look cool with a black engine. I have already found a black expansion chamber!

Can ya still change gears without doin' the jackshaft thang?

More later,

Shameless .wee.

2. kipharley

kipharley New Member

Welcome,Shameless.Just be warned,This motorized bicycle thing can be addictive.I only intended on building one.Sold that one and I've built 19 since and I've only been at it a little over a year! Keep us posted on your build.If you need any help just holler.Kip.

#2 kipharley, Sep 11, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  3. Shameless54

Shameless54 New Member

Oh wow, 19! Can you shift gears on your mountain bike after installing the motor? Are jackshafts necessary? or a helpful addition?

Shameless

4. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Active Member

Welcome to the forum. I rode dual purpose motorcycles when I was young too. I heal too slow to do that now.

5. tim turbo

tim turbo Member

Hi Shameless 54, yes you need a jackshaft kit to shift gears, because the motor dirve is on the opposite side of the pedal drive .

6. Shameless54

Shameless54 New Member

7. DOC BOLM

DOC BOLM New Member

Welcome from Doc Hollybolm and Southern sass.We play cowboy too.

8. Shameless54

Shameless54 New Member

I am the infamous Shameless Womanizer, Doc. I live in Lewisville. A suburb of Dallas. Where u be.

Shameless

9. silverbear

silverbear The Boy Who Never Grew Up

As for playin' cowboy, I'd rather be the Indian. The shift kit deal you need is from Sick Bike Parts. It allows you to use your mountain bike gears through a jack shaft and everybody says its the cat's meow. Welcome to the forum.
    SB