Amsoil ratio question

GoldenMotor.com

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
I used to use amsoil in snowmobiles in years past and only had to mix at half ratio as other oils... worked great........

What ratio are you guys running w/ this in the china motors??? Regular oil calls for 32:1... So are you running 50:1?

JonD

Aug 8, 2012
Virginia Beach
I'm new to these bike motors, but I've been a 2 stroke outboard boat motor mechanic for 12 years... You can lean out your oil mix a little bit with better oil but I don't know how much I would lean this motor out. The cylinder is very soft aluminum and built nothing as strong as a snowmobile which has steel sleeves that can take the wear of a leaner mix. I'm personally not going to go much leaner than 16;1 when my motor is broken in. These china motors don't burn much fuel so they won't use very much oil at all even if you do run on a rich mix.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I used to use amsoil in snowmobiles in years past and only had to mix at half ratio as other oils... worked great........

What ratio are you guys running w/ this in the china motors??? Regular oil calls for 32:1... So are you running 50:1?
I was running 32:1...That was until all my bikes burned up in a house fire. I was going to go to 50:1, as many members do.

cmanns

Jul 1, 2012
Santa Cruz, California
from what I read here I'd run 32:1 or 40:1 after break in.

I don't have a china bay motor but my 33cc I ran with about 45:1 and now 32:1 ish and doesn't seem to run much cooler or hotter, just sounds more peppy and doesn't smoke as much.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I run Red Line synthetic 2 stroke oil. Red Line recommends 50:1, up to 100:1. I run it 50:1 because I live in a hot climate. After 2 years, and 2000 miles, I just removed a motor that was still running great. The only reason I changed it was because it was 48cc, and I wanted to go 80.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I run Red Line synthetic 2 stroke oil. Red Line recommends 50:1, up to 100:1. I run it 50:1 because I live in a hot climate. After 2 years, and 2000 miles, I just removed a motor that was still running great. The only reason I changed it was because it was 48cc, and I wanted to go 80.
You put a 80cc engine?:confused:

TheOtherChris

Apr 1, 2012
SE Idaho
I have two China girls and am running them hard (WOT commute to work)
I run something between 40:1 and 50:1 and have not had a issue yet.
I carry one of the Amsoil packets in the saddle bag for emergency fill ups. In the two quart tank, the packet is just shy of 50:1

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
It's really only 66cc, but it's equal to 80, 4 stroke cc's. That's the real secret to how the chinese figure the size of these engines. Not many people know that.
Ummm, wrong. They consider it 80cc incuding the squishband in the combustion chamber along with the actual cc of the piston travel. I thought most knowledgeable people knew that? It has nada to do with 4-strokes, but that's a cute summary ;)

I've got an old Amsoil DVD of their product I can post with their permission.......let me know.

dnut

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Ummm, wrong. They consider it 80cc incuding the squishband in the combustion chamber along with the actual cc of the piston travel. I thought most knowledgeable people knew that? It has nada to do with 4-strokes, but that's a cute summary ;)

I've got an old Amsoil DVD of their product I can post with their permission.......let me know.

dnut
See what I mean, even you didn't know it.

.ride7a

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
If you putz around at less than 20mph then 50:1 is perfectly fine and if you get that optima stuff, than 100:1 is ok too (optima has less solvent in its blend so you end up getting same amount of oil as 50:1)

If you ride hard, ride in hot weather, ride fast, or your throttle is like mine, at WOT 99% of the time, then 32:1 is preferred and you should seriously consider using a castor blended oil too. Right now I'm running 2 oz degummed 1st press castor oil blended with cheap walfart 2 stroke oil for a ratio of 32:1 in an engine that has gotten so much abuse over the years that I'm surprised it still runs and runs like new.

Pilotgeek

Apr 6, 2011
Green Bay, WI
I'm new to these bike motors, but I've been a 2 stroke outboard boat motor mechanic for 12 years... You can lean out your oil mix a little bit with better oil but I don't know how much I would lean this motor out. The cylinder is very soft aluminum and built nothing as strong as a snowmobile which has steel sleeves that can take the wear of a leaner mix. I'm personally not going to go much leaner than 16;1 when my motor is broken in. These china motors don't burn much fuel so they won't use very much oil at all even if you do run on a rich mix.
Oil type matters a lot, too. You can easily run a full-synthetic in these engines at 50:1. I would never run as much at 16:1. That's way too much. Maybe if you're using regular motor oil or something, but that's completely unnecessary with two-stroke oil. They're also not just bare aluminum cylinders, they're usually chrome lined.