Allow myself.....to introduce myself.....

GoldenMotor.com

Ballin on a Budget

May 26, 2011
Vernon, British Columbia
Hey everyone,

Just registered so I thought I'd say hey and tell you a bit about me ;)

I got into this hobby after I realized how cool and unique these things could look, and how inexpensive it really was to get into a setup.

Im from a smallish town in British Columbia, Canada and I grew up working on and customizing my own cars as well as in a custom shop as a job too. Im into traditonal hot rods ("rat rods"), cafe racers, vintage cars and pretty much anything thats funky and older than me.

I just started my build this week, and as much as I wanted to wait to reveal it till it was done (I have never seen another person on here or "the other site" that has the same bike as mine), but Im sure I'll have some questions during the build so figured I may as well register right away.....
Anyways HI!

-Dan

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Dan

Hello, and welcome to this fine forum.

Was thinking yesterday, the mab evolution most likely would not be anyway near todays state of the art without the forums.

Paul has done us all a great favour.

Hoping you are a Shania fan, she is a world treasure imho.

Ron

Ballin on a Budget

May 26, 2011
Vernon, British Columbia
Absoloutley agreed.....Im by no means an "old timer" but back when I started really seriously buildidng and customoizing cars, there were no such things as forums as such, or at least not to the degree there are now. There is something to be said for having to solve problems on your own purely out of your own trial and error, however with the wealth of knowledge on this and other forums now, It just makes things so much easier with far fewer headaches. Also what a great way to share Ideas, and see what others are doing with the same interests all over the world......

Ummm...so...uhhh...YAY motorbicycling.com!!!! Hahaha

-Dan

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum...and don't believe a word that old guy from Pensacola tells you. :)

There's a lot of us from hot rod/airplane/race car/motorcycle backgrounds here. You're among friends. Post photos of you're build. Everyone likes to see what the other guy is building.
Tom

Ballin on a Budget

May 26, 2011
Vernon, British Columbia
well thats great to hear! I made some excellent progress on my build last night so pics will be up today or tomo.....hate to photograph the girl lookin all vulnerable mid build and all.....but i got the motor, sprocket/tensioner, bars, clutch throttle, carb etc all mounted up now so its almost pic time;) Thanks for the warm welcome....great to hear many of us come from similar interest backgrounds. Your style of your other interests seem to find a way of wigglin their way into parts on the bike build I find......

-Dan

Ballin on a Budget

May 26, 2011
Vernon, British Columbia
Ok Ok i posted some "in progress" pics of my build in the "motorized cruiser" section. Usually I would much rather wait till its complete but although its got a ways to come, its far enough that you can get an idea of what its gonna look like....Feel free to take a boo and Im always open to ideas too!
-Dan