Air filter mount???

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Blackrain2012, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Blackrain2012

Blackrain2012 New Member

2. r00t4rd3d

r00t4rd3d New Member

Those type you just hose clamp to the end of the carb. No mount needed.

I personally would not spend the money on a K&N. All the motorized bike websites sell a similar filter for half the cost.

EDIT: Well that K&N can be had for 18 bucks and they are guaranteed for life.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K-N-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Not so bad. Normally K&N's are expensive. Crap , now I might order one.......

:)

#2 r00t4rd3d, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  3. chainmaker

chainmaker New Member

I think I might order one or two Myself.

Cheers

4. Pablo

Pablo Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor

Doesn't look like that one will fit.

5. DudeZXT

DudeZXT New Member

It's what I have on my CNS, dude.

See here: http://motorbicycling.com/f13/ordered-good-replacement-filter-my-cns-21642.html

I'm sure you'd have to plug the screw holes if you used it on the standard carb and the lack of a deep flange may cause difficulty in tightening the clamp on it.

If you're unwilling to risk it, keep looking and I'm sure you can find one that has the 2 screws through it, like the standard carb... I'm pretty sure this one could easily be made to work, though. You could even fabricate a flange off of 2 bolt holes or standoffs, rather easily. Just takes a little ingenuity.

I'm very happy with performance and sound, but I think some of the charge kicks back out the filter as the piston is going up and it's leaving some gas/oil mix on the seat tube. Could be the carb not being level and gas/oil draining out the overflow tube on the bottom of the carb, too...