Acceleration problems ????? Help

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Beachcruser, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Beachcruser

Beachcruser New Member

Hey guys just pulled apart and cleaned my HT Carby and now i have Acceleration problems. Suggestions please??

The bikes acceleration from the take off is very boggy and takes off slowly, once you have some speed up it buzzes like h*ll and flysssss.

#1 Beachcruser, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  2. Allen_Wrench

Allen_Wrench Resident Mad Scientist

Are we talking bogging down? no acceleration at all? sudden, unpredictable bat-out-of-h*ll acceleration? flying monkeys poppin' out the tailpipe? We want to help but we need lots of details. Give us whatever you got. (Even if it's flying monkeys, but get pics)

3. halfevil333

halfevil333 New Member

ditto kiddo! -specialy wanna see azzmonkeys!
    and as far as anything else....tinker, ride, tinker, ride......as example, this being my fourth bike built, my most recent problem/solution was too much air- as apposed to lack of fuel I thought...stuffed a copper pot-scrubber in my air-intake AND AWAY SHE FLEW!!!
    -GO FIGURE? point is, these things take a lot of patience, and even more guidance frm the kind folks as members of this site!!
    GOOD LUCK, AND HAVE FUN!!!!!

4. DuctTapedGoat

DuctTapedGoat Active Member

I bet the float tang got misadjusted during the cleaning, or even put in upside down.

I'm assuming of course, that when you fire it up you have too much fuel in the bowl.

5. ducedave

ducedave Member

vacuum leak?

6. Jim C

Jim C Member

if the only thing you took apart was the carb then the only thing you need to fix is the carb. I would take it apart again and see if you can spot the problem, you can probably see it. Next time you do something like this a series of digital photos will really help in re-assemble

7. Acraze

Acraze Member

choke all the way on? make sure bolts are tight for air leaks.. after I first went into my card mine was boggy and couldnt get to higher rpms....it was the choke lol

8. Beachcruser

Beachcruser New Member

Ok Thanks Guys, Better get to work