A greener way to clean engine parts.

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by rockhopper, Apr 9, 2010.

1. rockhopper

rockhopper New Member

Hi all. I ran across this tip on a motorcycle forum a short while ago but it had slipped my mind. I'd like to share it with you.

But first I would like to apologize to ADDICTED MOTORCYCLES for making some comments in his thread that were less than helpful. Friend, please forgive me for being argumentative. I feel like an ass. I support what you are doing and I'm sorry.

For the rest of you, please check out at least the first page of the attached thread and post your comments.

The Pine Sol Degreaser Thread - ADVrider

JC

2. george_n_texas

george_n_texas New Member

Man that ROCKS! never heard of usin pine sol that is very cool. So is AM lol.

3. rockhopper

rockhopper New Member

I like the ingenuity of the guy who taped the vibrating sander to the system. But it should probably not be left unattended. LOL.

4. ADDICTED BICYCLES

Hey Rockhopper, thank you for your apologies, they are well accepted, as I said in private message, no worries dude, any critisizim is constructive in my eyes. :) For those who are curious, the thread mentioned is here. http://motorbicycling.com/f3/just-looking-opinion-bicycle-lovers-out-17359.html.

On topic of this thread however, I'm very suprised that pine sol has such capabilities, however, pop will make nails dissapear, and we drink that stuff, so I guess truthfully, I'm not really that surprised! Lol. Great thread though, I'm sure this method could work for many applications, not just carbs and such. Makes you wonder what they've put into the pine sol though doesn't it? Lol.

Thank you George for the compliment. I wouldn't say I'm cool, but neat, I would accept. HA HA HA, kidding, I appreciate it dude, thanks. :)

And to everyone else. ummm, you rock too! HA, later. :)

5. Bikeguy Joe

Bikeguy Joe Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

I filled my HF parts washer with cheap dollar store Mean Green and it will remove anything....plus it's non flamable.

6. george_n_texas

george_n_texas New Member

Man I can remember soakin a carb in one of those gallon pails of some pretty harsh chemicals wish I'd have known this stuff then.