66cc (80cc) bicycle engines on ebay

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by viperZ, Nov 16, 2009.

1. viperZ

viperZ New Member

Hey I was wondering about the kits you see on ebay for $100 or so. Are they worth the money? I have seen similar kits on the net for 150$ is there a difference?
    Thanks
    viperZ

#1 viperZ, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  2. Bikeguy Joe

Bikeguy Joe Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

Not really any difference, other than some of the cheaper parts are not as cheap.

Still, all are fun.

3. viperZ

viperZ New Member

Hey thanks for the quick reply! Any recommendations on a cheap kit? RAW kits any good?

4. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

Yes, RAW kits are good!!

5. fall_down_stand_up

fall_down_stand_up New Member

6. pre-war Schwinn

pre-war Schwinn New Member

I bought a RAW and it arrived in two days It was about $119 I found it on "Handhelditems.com" and since I was full of cash I just bought it . the kit is al " back to the drawing board safe" all the bugs are out of it. the reason they are selling at t discount is the flodded market. you can get a deal on ten kists easily
    the 99 dollar cruisers are not sturdy enough to take it. I suggest that you find a striong frame Cantilevers from the 1980's and before to build it on I got a frame for 30 bucks and pieced it together a nut at a time on Amazon.com read the sheldon tips he can save you from making a mistaken purchase the proper headset andbottom brackets are so cheap from WALD