2nd motor broke. Was working fine, now makes clanky and metal on metal scratching..

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by athletichunta, Sep 3, 2010.

1. athletichunta

athletichunta New Member

Noises.

I Think I rode it with to much throttle and damaged the engine.

full throttle for 3 miles... now its broken )": .I'm an idiot, I thought it would be fine with full throttle because thats how I rode my 2 stroke alot and had no problems.

And when you pull the bull start you here a a slight whining metal sound

2. beentryin

beentryin New Member

Re: 2nd motor broke. Was working fine, now makes clanky and metal on metal scratching

wide open throttle for long periods of time isnt good,full throttle burst for say a mile at most?

3. Nougat

Nougat New Member

Re: 2nd motor broke. Was working fine, now makes clanky and metal on metal scratching

Eh, I ride WOT all the time with nary a trouble.

Figure out what's making the noise, and we'll go from there.

4. athletichunta

athletichunta New Member

Anyway to fix it?

5. Nougat

Nougat New Member

Oh that's right, yours is a 4str.

6. r00t4rd3d

r00t4rd3d New Member

You have a pull starter on it ? Does it sound like its coming from that area ?

7. Bikeguy Joe

Bikeguy Joe Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

Use a screw driver with the plastic end against the bone right in front of your ear. It works like a stethoscope. The find where the noise is coming from. Take it apart, find the offending broken goodies, and repair/replace. I doubt running it wide open for 3 miles broke anything major, especially on a four stroke. I'd bet it's something like the pull start, flywheel, or something non "lethal".

8. athletichunta

athletichunta New Member

I took the pullstart off and under it there's a thing that it turns(fly wheel?), I turned it by hand and it feels like it may be slipping a little and it makes a eeeeeeek sound. Anyone have any idea what it may be.

I have warranty, but before I resort to sending it back I was hoping there is something I could so to maybe fix it

#8 athletichunta, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  9. athletichunta

athletichunta New Member

The bike is fixed. The problem was one of the springs on the clutch snapping. I replaced it with a spring from the broken engine, now its working perfectly.

10. Bikeguy Joe

See, what's I tell ya'? All is well in Wellsville! :)

11. city of angels

city of angels New Member

lesson for the day dont run it at w o t for a long period of time

12. Bikeguy Joe

....or just use better springs if you do. ;)

13. athletichunta

athletichunta New Member

Exactly ^^.

Y did it break tho?, was it because the engine got too hot and tension snapped the weakened metal?.

14. r00t4rd3d

r00t4rd3d New Member

Probably just a defective part. The reason for break in is to set the rings. If clutch parts are breaking they were possibly bad from the factory.