2023 Phatmoto

GoldenMotor.com

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
Hello everyone. I am new here and to the phatmoto community. And was wondering what are some good upgrades I could do to my 2023 Phatmoto Rover? It's completely stuck and has roughly 200 miles already on it cause I commute to work on it.
Since you say it's completely stuck I would say your first upgrade should be to unstuck it LOL

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Welcome to the forum. Your question is sometimes referred to here as a "Chrystal Ball Question." None of us have a Chrystal Ball or your bike in front of use to answer your question. Photos help or an in depth description of what it wrong helps.

The motor doesn't turn over once the chain is unhooked from it or is the drive system locked up so the motor won't turn over? Look around the internet to see if anyone else has the same problem and an answer.

Let us know more and maybe we can help.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
The question remains, what doesn't move? If you take the chain off the motor, does the motor turn over by hand? You may want to leave the spark plug out to make it easier. If the motor turns over then something in the drive line is not working.

Steve.

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
No I guess I didn't proof read enough I was half awake. I meant completely stock lol
Yeah, Typo LOL

OK it's stock runs good and you commute to work on it. I assume it's a 79cc 4 stroke
Your wondering if there's any modifications or upgrades you can do to get more power and performance.

Remove the gov limit screw you'll get 5 more MPH

Last edited:

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Stock not stuck. Great news. A 46 tooth sprocket will gain top end. Depending on how far you want to go there are a lot of speed parts for these engines or just purchase a built engine from a supplier. I'll put a link to one below who has a good reputation. There are many others.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I would look on eBay. They seem to have a lot of them. I found a video that has a link to a sprocket on Amazon. He shows you how to install the sprocket as well as some ideas to modify the bike. I'd go with a better air cleaner.

I'm in Canada so the Amazon information may be for Canadians since I posted it.

Steve.

SirLurksAlot

Aug 20, 2021
Stock not stuck. Great news. A 46 tooth sprocket will gain top end. Depending on how far you want to go there are a lot of speed parts for these engines or just purchase a built engine from a supplier. I'll put a link to one below who has a good reputation. There are many others.

Steve.

Unfortunately, the Phatmoto doesn't come with a predator engine, so these parts are mostly unusable unless an engine swap is done. The stock Lifan 152f-3 has few if any hiperf parts available. Governor disable/delete, carb and exhaust are about it.... And the carb/exhaust add little performance. A smaller rear sprocket can increase top speed but that also makes pedaling necessary when starting on hills etc and reduces clutch life.

All that said, you can expect 30 to 35mph and comfortable cruise at 25mph when the governor is disabled. Even that makes upgrading wheel bearings almost mandatory for safety, at minimum. Imho...

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Local bike shop or eBay. Maybe Walmart but make sure the fenders are secured well. The fenders tend to break off at the mounting tab and some of the members here have suffered severe injuries. Going over the handle bars at pedal speeds is traumatic enough but at 25mph it can be life threatening. The broken fender jams into the front wheel or rear wheel and acts like a brake.

Look on YouTube or this forum for ideas. An L bracket is usually used to attach the fenders to the frame instead of the cheap bent up tab on the fender. One side bolts to the fender and the fork and frame have the other leg bolted to it. Use Nylock nuts so they don't come loose. You can find the correct size of L bracket at hardware or big box stores.

Steve.

Last edited: