2 Stroke kit diffrences?

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Black_Moons, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Black_Moons

Black_Moons New Member

Hi, Does anyone here know the verious diffrences beween the 80cc engine kits sold by:
    Bike Motor Kits Motorized Bicycles Engine Bike kits
    Zoombicycles Motorized Bicycles,80cc and 50cc Bicycle Engine Conversion Kits,Bicycle Motors,Bicycle Engine Kit Parts and Spooky Tooth Cycles - Motorized Bicycles: Gas Powered and Electric Bikes - Spooky Tooth Cycles - Motorized Bicycles: Gas Powered and Electric Bikes ?
    the spookytooth seems like it costs more.. though they do seem to offer a longer 90 day warentee on the motor.. I know zoombicycles offers free shiping on thier kits...
    Bikemotorkit seems to want $40 shiping by UPS, And as they are based in the USA and its a $100+ item, thats gonna cost about another $80+ in UPS rape fees. Not sure what spookytoothcycles wants for shiping... and method.

2. surfishjoe

surfishjoe New Member

Hi, I am a newbie so take this for what its worth but I went with Spooky-tooth because a friend recommended them, the logic being there kits are superior to the less expensive ones. I ordered two kits one was for a friends bike. One box had slight shipping damage with a bent mounting stud and a sight bend in one of the fins. The other box was fine no damage. Shipping was around fifty for both. I can't say how the kits compare to others but there customer service has been beyond my expectations. They will help you with your installation over the phone. They have helped me a lot with a CNS carb that keeps sliding off the intake tube. Hope this helps.

3. Mind_Reader7

Mind_Reader7 New Member

Warranties are always good :)

If this is your first engine, I'd get the Spookytooth.

4. Nougat

Nougat New Member

The 2cycle kits are all roughly the same as far as quality, which includes rashes of bad mags, bad castings, sloppy threads. The differences between vendors is customer service.